Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WOW!

I am officially half way done with my crazy week! This morning I had an OB appointment, I'm 31w 3d, and she said I was measuring 38 weeks!!!! Holy cow, last week was only 35 1/2!!  Does this mean that in a couple weeks my body will decide that it's full term and go into labor??? The good news is that my cervix was measuring 4.1, and the OB was pretty surprised that it was still so long.  She was also pretty surprised that I still have no stretch marks- fingers crossed it will stay that way!  What do you think? 38 weeks? 


Yesterday was my first non stress test, and I'd say it went pretty well.  The nurse had initially said that starting next week when I am 32 weeks, the babies would have to meet stricter criteria in terms of their heart rates in response to their movement.  At the end of the appointment she said that they were already meeting them this week!  It was pretty comforting to sit and listen to their heart rates for 40 minutes, such a beautiful sound.  My contractions were also measured, and I had 4 while I was there, two of which I couldn't feel.  Funnily enough, the nurse came in afterward saying "I don't want to alarm you... but are you on medication for your contractions? You had 4."  In the meantime, I had been frustrated because I had had so FEW compared to normal, and was hoping that what was typical for me would have been documented.  She said that if it was normal for me and my doctor knew, then she guessed it was ok.   I swear, these contractions are the most confusing thing! 

All hooked up!

On Monday we had our maternity tour at the hospital.  I think that of all the classes etc. that we have been to in the past week, this made everything seem the most real!  Walking around the maternity ward- seeing where we would check in, labor and delivery rooms, post partum rooms, operating room etc. etc. We also got to meet and talk with the anaesthesiologist. I LOVE that your baby never leaves you from the time it's born- unless it needs to go to the NICU, and that everything they need to do with baby is done in your room. Let's just hope I can keep these two in there long enough that they don't need the NICU!

Tomorrow is my growth scan.  I'm really hoping to hear good news regarding the size of the girl.  It's not a problem now, but I know that if the size discrepancy between the two gets too big they could decide to have me deliver early.  One thing I do know, is that she may be the smaller one, but she's definitely the feisty one!

4 comments:

  1. You are literally all tummy, and I think it's super cute. I'm glad your crazy week has gone so well, but that it's almost over. At the rate those babies are growing, I'm going to venture a guess and say they'll make an appearance 35w6d (which is pretty good for twins, right?).

    As for my nursery, I found a very narrow, tall shelf that we might be able to fit next to the crib. Hopefully Hubby will agree...I need to decorate something:)

    Good luck with the growth scan tomorrow, I hope your sweet baby girl is keeping up with her brother so they can stay in there a little longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really hit us too when we got the tour of the maternity ward. And our baby is able to stay with us too assuming all goes well which I think is great. You look amazing girl; good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! Its amazing your body is holding them in so well, I'm slightly jealous ;-)

    No stretch marks here either! Mama mio oil (and good genetics!) Is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your body is doing awesome! Hope your ultrasound goes well tomorrow. Fiesty girls rock!

    ReplyDelete