Monday, June 11, 2012

10 Months Old



On Saturday Mia and Ben turned ten months old. Double digits! TEN! As in, in around 8 weeks they will be one YEAR old! In the beginning time seemed to pass relatively slowly, and now the months seem to be just flying by... I'm sure soon enough I'll be saying that about the years...
As I never did an eight or nine month post, I'll try to summarize the past 3 months...

Mobility
YIKES! This has been the big thing. These two have been on the move! They have been expert crawlers from about 7.5 months, and man are they fast! It's almost as if they are running... speed crawling should be a sport I think! Mia has been standing up on her own, as in, not holding on to anything, and not even needing anything to pull up on! She will just... well... go from a sitting position to a squat, than standing right in the middle of a room!  Standing and playing with a toy, dancing, jumping, drinking from her cup- she must stand! It is so very strange to see my little baby standing all on her own. It does not seem that someone who only weighs 17 lbs (and is still wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers) should be able to do this. Whenever someone her, they always comment that she looks too small to be standing!

 My Little Stander


Teeth
Ben now he has 6 teeth! He got his top 4 teeth the month he turned 8 months while we were in Florida. He actually cut two in the same day- poor little guy! He was SO miserable! I'm hoping that the others hold of for a little while. Mia has 4 teeth now, the top two finally came in this past month, and the third top one is on the way...

 CHEESE!!

Speaking of teeth.... apparently 'baby food' is a big no no with these two these days! In fact, I have started to have to give them food whole, or in strips, as they also apparently think that they are too grown up for bite sized pieces... 

 Breakfast Baby Blueberry Pancakes!
Lunch!

Interaction
I LOVE watching them interact. Mia loves to try and give Ben kisses... he isn't too sure about this!  They love to play with each other and do whatever the other is doing. The best is when they wake up in the morning or from a nap, and rush over to look into the other crib to see if their brother/sister is awake.  They stand up and hold hands and pass their blankies or toys back and forth and talk to each other- so very cute!

Skyping with Grandma

Rolling around in the 'Cushy Corner' of the playroom

Baby monitor footage!

 It is possible to fit two babies in a single shopping cart! One leg crossed, one through the hole! They love to munch on veggie sticks while shopping!

Another day, another isle....

We have also been getting rid of a TON of baby stuff that doesn't get used anymore. It is so strange to see some things go... Things like their exersaucer, jumper, swing, playmats... things they haven't used in months.  I suppose that in the back of my mind I knew that we would get rid of this stuff eventually, it's just that 'eventually' seemed so far away- and now here we are!

I can't wait to see what the next month brings!

7 comments:

  1. She does look too little to be standing but what a big girl you have!! The part about them interacting in their cribs sounds so cute, I can't get over how close they are. What else do you feed them for lunch these days? Chloe still has zero teeth, but we can't eat around her anymore without her wanting what we have. I need to get more creative with her food and not always do the typical baby food. You gave me a bit of an anxiety attack when you said the kids will be a year old in 8 weeks. 8 weeks?! That will be here like tomorrow! How in the hell do we almost have one year olds??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch can be tricky for us!! I just try to give them something balanced since they won't eat baby food... some sort of steamed veggies and/or fruit, protein (chicken, cheese, beans etc.) and grains (whole wheat pasta, rice, bread etc.) They can pretty much eat anything these days!

      Delete
  2. Wow, babies standing is just too crazy! I thought sitting made my baby look too old, but I guess I will be experiencing this at some point!

    They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to read about your babies! They are ridiculously cute:) Are you gonna be in MN this summer?? Would love to meet your little minis!! You are a WONDERFUL mama, keep it up!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute babies! I love the picture of Ben chewing on the string, Maxwell loves strings as well. It looks like they are already best friends!
    I have a really hard time getting rid of baby stuff- it just makes me sad. They grow up so darn fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have another question for ya about what you are feeding the twins...do you mind emailing me? blawnde002@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all great pics!!! Love it!! Great idea about the shopping cart! I tend to wear a baby and push a baby :-)

    ReplyDelete