Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One year ago... Bellies and Car Seats

 This was me on July 31st last year.  one year ago exactly, at 34 weeks. Exactly 9 days before Mia and Ben were born. It's funny because in some ways this seems like so very long ago, but in other ways it feels like it could have been yesterday because I remember it so clearly.

I also remember the day these car seats arrived. It was so hard to imagine that there would be two little babies sitting in them before long.


And then there they were, in those seats, 4 days after they were born. They just looked so tiny, I could hardly imagine that they would EVER outgrow them.


But they did.  (This was still a month or so before the new ones).


We just got their new car seats a couple weeks ago, and they love them.  Once again, they look so small in them, it's kind of scary to think that one day they will outgrow these too!



6 comments:

  1. Wow u were so cute! Do u miss being pregnant? I do sometimes :) its crazy how quick this year has gone! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.... Sometimes I miss the belly, but in all honesty, despite having a complication free pregnancy, I felt SO awful the ENTIRE time that I really don't miss it too much :)

      Delete
  2. First of all, you looked absolutely amazing for being 34 weeks pregnant with twins!! And second of all...are you getting a bit sad as their birthday approaches? I have had so many friends have babies in the last week, it doesn't help me to not think back to what we were doing this time last year and get a little sad that time has passed so quickly. I can't get over how little they were, but look at them all 'growed' up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad to think how fast the time flies. Especially since I know each year will seem to go by faster than the previous one! Hopefully I will get to re-live this first year again vicariously through you sometime soon ;)

      Delete
  3. wow time flies! they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness they were so tiny! Your little girl has the best smile :)

    ReplyDelete