Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jumping the gun and baby brain

Last week I woke up, and found my husband crib shopping online.  I don't mean getting ideas for cribs, I literally mean, he wanted to go out and buy cribs last week, at barely 7 1/2 weeks.  My mother has also told me that she now has no life, because she is spending every waking moment looking up baby/twin stuff.  This makes me a little bit freaked out.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they're so optimistic, but I'm I'm still scared.  I just feel like it's still so early, definitely too early to be crib shopping.  Some days I still can't believe that it is all happening, and find myself freaking out on a regular basis about things that could go wrong, like disappearing twin syndrome. Then I read books about symptoms I should have by now at 8 weeks, like darkening nipples, weight gain,  pants getting tight etc. especially with twins, and I am not having any of these. Yes, I know some people have few to no symptoms, but it still worries me.


I actually got into a mini argument with my hubby a few days after the crib incident when I found him mapping out and measuring the babies room.  I told him that I thought he was jumping the gun, and that we should not be doing any of these things yet,  but then instantly felt really selfish for trying to put a damper on his excitement.  It makes me so happy to see how exited he is, and perhaps I am scared partly because it would break my heart to see his heart break if anything were to go wrong.  Maybe I'm also just jealous of his optimism.

On a lighter note, I had a MAJOR case of baby brain! So I somehow got it into my head that my appointment with the new OB was this week Monday.  Mind you, I have had two appointment notices sitting on the table for exactly two weeks saying February 7th in big bold letters, and look at them at least once a day!  Lucky for me I happened to be online looking at some of my past doctors visit info on Monday morning, mere hours before the supposed appointment, when I clicked on the link for "upcoming appointments" and noticed the date! Of course I had to call my husband and tell him that I had the wrong week, and not to show up at the doc's office! Then I had to explain the situation to my parents and in-laws when they called asking how it went... how embarrassing! I suppose it could have been worse though- we could actually have showed up and had them tell us "Um, I think you have the wrong week.." Oh, also,  I was at the supermarket and when it was time to enter my preferred number (my phone number I've had for 6 years), as I do at least twice a week,  it totally took me about 10 seconds to think of it.. I actually started punching in 1-800!



Oh well, the good news is that we're almost half way through the week already! By next Monday, our real appointment day, I will be 9 weeks! Two thirds of the way done with the first trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment