Thursday, April 28, 2011

20 Weeks (and out of order posting)

I'm going a little out of order with my posting here. I posted about my 19 week anatomy scan last Monday, but now I'm going to go backwards to the Sunday before, and then I'll end up with present day :)

Well, it was our 7 year anniversary on the 17th- I still can't believe that we've been married for that long! What did we do? Well, funnily enough, we spent pretty much the whole day at Babies R Us registering! It was such a surreal experience, walking around with the scanner among all the other pregnant women, and shopping for baby stuff for ME- not for someone else's baby shower.

I have to say, I'm really glad that we did it that weekend, because as exciting as it was, and as much as I have always dreamed of the day that I would be registering for baby stuff,  it was physically really uncomfortable.  I was light headed, short of breath, and my back was killing me the whole time! This meant lots of trips to "try out" all the rocker/gliders!  Now that I've seen everything in the store, I'm pretty sure I can finish up registering for whatever I forgot on line. That sounds a lot more fun to me at this point than walking around a store for hours!

I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to start getting things done a little earlier than I had planned if I actually want to enjoy the process. I initially wanted to wait till at least viability at 25 weeks, BUT my doctor said that once I hit 20 weeks (which I am now) I'm suddenly going to start getting huge! I already feel huge, and have noticed that with twins, I have already passed most of  my pregnant peers in size- even some of those a lot farther along than me! People, I have gained 20 lbs!! It seems like it's all belly and boobs though. As huge of a number as it seems to me, I guess I'm at the bottom of the weight gain range that I'm supposed to be in at 20 weeks with twins (which is 20-30lbs)!

Another exiting happening- I'm lucky enough that my MIL is custom making all the crib bedding out of fabric that we chose.  But, seeing as the cribs we chose are a little smaller than standard size- thus being different from standard size patterns (oh, and the cribs not being in stores to go look at and measure)- to see if the stuff would fit, and to get more precise measurements, we had to get the cribs and mattresses! I supposed we only needed to get one crib to measure, but then why not just go ahead and get them both?? They arrived last week, but once assembled, they can't fit through doors, therefore they needed to go in the nursery..... but they would be cumbersome to paint around when the time came....so we had to paint!  So, what I'm trying to say, is that at 20 weeks and two days, we have a painted nursery, complete with 2 cribs! One word- SURREAL. I keep standing in the doorway just staring in at the room trying to convince myself that this is really happening!
                                      
20wks 2d- Yes, I am intentionally wearing the same thing in all the pics :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to register and start on our nursery! I'm sure I'll do the same thing, just staring in the room in disbelief. You look great!

    ReplyDelete