Friday, January 21, 2011

Walking Contradiction

This week is going by surprisingly quickly which is great, because it means only three days until my second ultrasound.  I cannot wait to finally have some pictures! The whole twin thing is so very exiting, but kind of overwhelming at the same time when I try to imagine how I am going to manage two screaming babies at the same time in the middle of the night, or, how does one leave the house by oneself with two babies? Not to mention needing two of everything. I think we need a bigger house! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely wouldn't change a thing, and am incredibly grateful- I'm just still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing!

As for symptoms...
I swear every hour or so I'm struck by the most voracious hunger- like I haven't eaten in a month.  I'll be fine one minute, and the next I literally feel ill because I'm SO hungry.  Just today I was on my way home, and planned to stop at the grocery store right by my house to pick up just one thing, and almost didn't because I literally thought I might keel over if I didn't eat something that very second.  The kicker is, despite being so hungry all the time, I have to force myself to eat because nothing seems appetizing. Don't get me wrong, I CAN stomach anything without feeling the need to puke, I just don't want to.  Weird, I know- starving, but no appetite. I can't explain it.  This is especially the case with my own cooking.  I find it easier to eat things that have not come out of my kitchen, which is weird because normally I love to cook.


The other weird thing is, I am tired during the day, but I seriously cannot sleep at night.  This has been the case since a couple of days before I even found out I was pregnant.  I am literally up at least 3 times a night. Sometimes because I have to pee, but others, who knows. Then it takes me forever to fall back asleep, only to be up again in a couple hours.  I mean I've heard of this happening late in pregnancy, but at barely 7 weeks?  Oh, the best is when I wake up and then get the incredible hunger, so I have to stumble down to the kitchen at two in the morning to get some food if I'm to have any hope of going back to sleep.


So there you have it. Hungry but no appetite, and tired but can't sleep.  I feel like a walking contradiction!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I hear ya! A friend of mine is now 13 weeks, but at 8w, she was telling me how exhausted she is, but she could NOT sleep at night. That's happened to me a few times, but after a couple days of not sleeping, I completely crash and sleep for 12-14 hours - barely even getting up to pee. LOL

    Hope you get some rest, can't wait to see some pics of your lil ones!!

    ReplyDelete