Friday, July 22, 2011

Couch Potato Birthday

Well, it's my birthday again, 31!  I can hardly believe that I'm 32 weeks 5 days pregnant today, I am SO happy and SO grateful!!  It's funny, despite my massively growing belly, a nursery, classes etc. it still doesn't feel real a lot of the time.  I guess after 3 years of TTC it's sometimes hard to believe that this is all finally a reality. Even though I only have a few weeks left, I don't think it will hit me that this is actually happening and isn't just some crazy dream until my babies are in my arms- I can't wait! Going to enjoy a fun filled birthday of... couldn't you guess? Hanging out on the couch!

So.. yesterday I checked my FB.  I noticed pictures pop up of my husband, who appeared to be at some sort of party.  I looked closer, and realized that he was at a baby shower.  I assumed it was for someone he worked with.  Then I looked closer, and realized that he was the one opening the presents!! You guys, my husbands co-workers threw him a baby shower!! A baby shower complete with banners, cake, balloons, the works! He was in complete shock!  Anyway he came home with a car full of gifts, and LOTS of diapers! I was trying to do a rough count last night, and we have currently been given just under 1000 diapers ranging in size from newborn to size 2!! Plus almost 2000 wipes!  I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to be very surprised at how quickly they all disappear!

This morning as I walked in for my NST, all the nurses were saying "Uh oh, here come the trouble makers!"  Yes, my babies aren't even born yet and have already earned themselves a reputation.  They are also called the "wiggly ones", as they never stop moving.  I usually spend about double the normal time at my NST's and end up with at least one RN, sometimes two, who can't leave my bedside as they are having to constantly readjust my monitors or hold them in place as the babies have a dance party in there!  If this is any indication of what they will be like after they're born I'm going to have my hands full (I've been told this several times too!)

I think this weekend will finally be the weekend I pack my hospital bag.  My mother keeps calling and asking why I have not done it yet.  According to her, it's like an umbrella, if I have it I won't need it, and if I don't have it I will.  She has an uncanny way of always being right, so I think I'll pack it just to be on the safe side (and to avoid any "I told you so's"). Also, I think these will finally make it into the car this weekend- I'm surprised my husband has managed to hold off this long!


2 comments:

  1. Regarding your post below & baby weights, I am going thru the same thing. Baby girl was so low that they had a hardi time getting good measurements. The estimated her to be 3 lbs 15 oz. Baby boy was estimated to be 4 lbs 12 oz. They didn't seem too worried. Just said they would keep an eye on her. We do growth scans every 3 weeks so we are due for one on Monday. I have definitely grown so I hope that means she has as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Next year will be so different. That is so dang sweet that they threw a party for your hubby! I finally packed my hospital bag today, just in case. Although now because i am 'ready' i will need to induced at 40 weeks!

    ReplyDelete