Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Today I had my 30 week 3 day OB appointment.  The good news is that my cervix is still holding up well, measuring 3.8 with no signs of funneling! The not so amazing news is that baby B who has been head down the past three weeks has decided to flip once more and now has his head right under my ribs! His sister on the other hand is, as she has been since week 12- head down and very low, showing no signs of moving.  My OB said that as long as she remained that way they could let me try to give birth naturally. BUT they do like the bigger baby to come out first... meaning that because baby B is bigger, I may need to have a c-section regardless of how he is positioned.  Oh, I'm also up 37 lbs- YIKES!! It appears that It's all in my belly though!

Also, because I continued to express how concerned I am about my ever present and continuous contractions that I've had since week 20 (at this point sometimes up to 8 an hour, which even she thought was a little much), she decided to move the start date for my twice weekly stress tests to next week- 31 weeks instead of the following week to give me peace of mind. I've heard people complain about them, but quite frankly I'm exited- I'll take any reassurance that I can get! This means that I'll have 3 appointments per week now! Next week is a little crazy though- this is what my schedule looks like-

Monday- Labor and delivery tour
Tuesday- Stress test
Wednesday- OB appt.
Thursday- Growth scan
Friday- Stress test

Thats's pretty much an appointment every day! This week is a bit crazy too, only with classes.  Last night we took the Infant CPR class, which was the class I most wanted to take.  Tonight we have the Baby Care class (my husband really wanted to take it!),  and on Thursday is a breastfeeding class.  I actually joined a "Moms of Multiples" group, and went to a class that they held on breastfeeding twins a few weeks ago.  There were about 6 other moms there, 4 of whom had their infant twins with them- the oldest set being 4 months old.

Honestly it was a bit scary in a way to hear their stories- they all had a LOT of trouble in the beginning- and they all had to supplement for a while, one for almost a month! AND, none of them used bottles to supplement to avoid nipple confusion, they all had to finger feed which I gather was a pretty difficult.  The good news is, that they all survived, and are all breastfeeding successfully now, so that gives me hope.  I asked each one how far along they were when they delivered- one of them said that she had to be induced and 39 1/2 weeks!!!!! She wasn't a very big person either- probably only about 5'6 and very slim, AND it was her first pregnancy! She said that each twin weighed 7 lbs!  Actually, she was the one who had the most difficulty breastfeeding, and had to supplement the longest, so I guess when you give birth and  how big the babies are doesn't necessarily dictate how easy breastfeeding will be.

This weekend we finally got the nursery finished!  Here are a couple pics of artwork we put up..

Lampshade I made, and Etsy prints

"Hoop" artwork I've been working on! (my husband made the duck and little train :)

Etsy Giraffes 

5 comments:

  1. You are one busy girl! I bet all the classes are fun and interesting though. We have our one day childbirth class on Sunday and I'm anxious/nervous about it. Holy cow, 14 pounds of baby?! I can't imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!!! Glad the babies are doing well, and YIKES to your dr. appt. schedule! So close!

    The nursery is SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the walking giraffes on the wall...adorable. I can't believe how many classes you have. I hope you learn a ton, and if nothing else it will keep you busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky your cervix is holding up! I know you said you take it easy so that must be helping! Good job! I was definitely probably doing too much :-(

    We missed our baby care and breastfeeding class this week, which is a bummer. But I'm sure we'll figure it out!

    Love love the nursery decorations! Its all coming together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With your schedule i bet your week is going to fly by. That is wonderful thar your cervix is doing so great. I really really love your nursery....... love the lamp shade and the hoop art. You are very talented. Hope your classes are fun and beneficial. I have been looking for a moms of multiples group.... but so far i have had no luck. I think the support would be great!

    ReplyDelete