Friday, March 9, 2012

7 Months Old


This past month has got to be my favorite so far (I'm pretty sure I'm gonna say that every month though!). Four big things have happened- sitting up, teeth, solids and sleep.

TEETH
As of 2/28 each baby has 2 teeth!! Mia was feeling a bit left out with all the attention Ben got with his first tooth and decided to play catch up- she cut her first tooth a whole week after he did, but cut the second only two days after him- a new household record of 3 days for two teeth! It's quite funny to hear the little teeth scraping on their toys.  Ben has also become OBSESSED with biting his toes- the kid is a maniac!

Chompers

YUMMY!

SITTING
They have been sitting up for about 2.5-3 weeks now.  No more tripod sitting wobbly stuff, or me worrying that they'll topple over- oh no, completely stable I tell you. I think this has been my favorite milestone so far, as they are just so much happier now that they can sit on their own. They seem so independent! In fact, they are now getting up on her hands and knees and trying to crawl! They don't even want to be in the exersaucer jumper anymore- just too much confinement I suppose!

I want what you have!

Now what?


SOLIDS
Well, the milk strike is over.  I was worried that breast milk was going to  take over my entire freezer, but they finally decided that they would start drinking an acceptable amount again! I'm still making all of their food. They've been eating rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes, avocados, carrots, peas (much to their dismay), squash, apples, bananas, peaches, prunes and mangoes! I've also been making my own rice cereal and oat cereal too by grinding it in a coffee grinder- They usually tolerate it, but I think they'd rather I stick to the box stuff!

Two things I love- Bibbity bibs and Munchkin fresh food feeders!

SLEEP
We have been SO very lucky, as they have always been pretty good night sleepers. Especially considering that for 5.5 months they exclusively drank breast milk, which typically means not such great sleep.  They used to sleep from 7:30 till about 3:30-4.  Now that they have started solids, they sleep from 7 till 6:15!!!! I just realized that daylight savings starts this weekend... Does this mean that our bedtime routine will now have to start at 7:30 instead of 6:30?

Mia's preferred sleeping position (who knew you'd want to snuggle with something that has tags all over it?? turns out twirling them is how she puts herself to sleep!)

I had to give in and buy Ben a bigger woombie- we just can't get him to sleep without the darn thing! 

Getting pushed by Grandma who came all the way from Minnesota to visit! Crazy 80 degree weather this weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Hi, just found you through the PAIL blogroll! I also have twins after IF and am breastfeeding-- my girls are just 4 months (in a few days), though. I'm looking forward to the 6-7 month age, when they start sitting up and get more mobile... they really, really want to be moving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their sweet smiles! And Mia looks so big with her two toofs, aww! What do you put in the fresh food feeders? We have those too, but I haven't used them yet b/c I'm not quite sure what to put in there. Happy 7 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your twins are so adorable. They look like such happy little people.
    So, I am also curious what you have been putting in the fresh food feeders- they seem like they are really into them. Also how much food do your babies eat at this point. I am struggling to get my boys to eat real food... I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if they are just not ready- they will be 7 months in a about week- so according to the books they should want to eat.
    That is wonderful that they are sleeping so well....... last night was the first night that my boys both slept through the night! It is absolutely amazing to feel the difference that a good night sleep can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've just put fruit in the fresh food feeders- apples, bananas and pear. I suppose you could put steamed veggies too, or just about anything I suppose!

      I give them food for breakfast, lunch and dinner- each meal they get 2tbsp cereal mixed with breast milk, which then gets mixed with about 2oz of fruit for breakfast, 2oz of veggies (or a mix of fruit and veggies) for lunch, and the same for dinner.
      As far as milk goes, they get about 6-7oz of breast milk in the morning and at night, and then about 4oz as a snack between breakfast and lunch, and lunch and dinner, and then with each meal they usually drink around 3oz also. For reference they weigh about 14 and 16lbs.

      We started with just rice cereal mixed with breast milk at about 5.5 months, then at 6 mos started adding other things to it. Have you tried fruit? My two love fruit! If they don't like a new veggie I just add some fruit to the mix till it grows on them!

      Delete