Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas in Jamaica

Happy New Year everyone! It's a little surreal to thin that this was Mia and Ben's second Christmas, and that they will be two this year! Yes, I know it's been four months since my last post, but honestly, although things are getting easier as they get older, I feel as though my life is getting busier and busier each day. I have started countless posts which will probably never be finished. Inevitably something grand happens, and I end up doing a massive picture post (as I'm about to do!), and all those posts that actually have some substance to them get left in the dust...

So this year for Christmas, my mom's gift to us was a trip to Jamaica for ten days! I was born and raised in Jamaica until I was 19 and left for college. My hubby (then boyfriend) went back with me once in 2001 when we were in college, and I've only been back once since then! It was a bit surreal to be there with MY KIDS this time! Brace yourselves- here comes the picture overload!

Ben was so tired after a full day of flying he fell asleep about 5 minutes into dinner the first night!

They loved playing in the sand..

The water was so warm

And SO shallow! Perfect for toddlers!





 All dressed up for dinner

They loved all the huge Christmas trees all over the resort... and the fact that they were actually allowed to touch them :)

Taking in the view

Typically these two will not sleep anywhere but their cribs, but I somehow managed to get lucky and get ONE precious seaside nap with Mia!

Can't get over how grown up they're looking! Where did my little babies go?

At the airport heading home...

"Um..mommy...where's the beach gone?

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season!
 

5 comments:

  1. Umm, holy cow! You think Chloe looks grown up, but look at Mia and Ben! I was hoping you would do an update post soon and was so excited to hear what you've been up to. Jamaica for 10 days sounds wonderful! I didn't know you grew up there. I'm sure things are busy for you, I know Chloe sure keeps us busy. Hope you still update occasionally though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift!!!!! 10 days in Jamaica sounds wonderful. Based on the pictures it looks like you all had a great time.
    How did your kids do on the flights?
    Your kids are so adorablr- I love all the pictures! You look amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing trip to be able to take with your children when they are so young! I am SUPER envious of that shared nap on the beach. How did you manage for naps aside from that one on the beach? Did you just head back to your room so they could nap in the cribs? Also curious if yours are still on two naps per day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were pretty lucky to have my mom there as well- she got an adjoining room so when they napped, or at night when they went to bed at 7:30, she would just stay in the next room with the video monitor so we were not stuck in the room with them. Otherwise we would have probably held off on a trip like this until they were old enough to skip the daytime nap. They only take one nap a day now- at around 14 months they just woke up one day and decided that they were done taking morning naps much to my dismay!

      Delete
  4. Hi!!! Not sure if you are still around!? I was checking my old blog and came across one of your comments. How are your twins doing? How are you? Sara

    ReplyDelete