Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Good, Bad, and Bizzare

We had a doctors appointment yesterday, and, I'm pleased to announce that I did not forget my underwear there (although I had considered going there commando just to make sure it didn't happen again!).

We got the detailed results from our follow up anatomy scan a couple weeks ago, and from my bloodwork last week. The good news is that the babies are doing great- they are in the 47th and 55th percentile, and are both a few days ahead of their due dates! The doctor said that she was actually surprised that they are so big, as usually twins are smaller than average. I am actually measuring at 30 weeks even though I am only 25! Plus, I'm only 5'5 so it makes me look even bigger. Funnily enough, if you saw me coming from the front, you may not realize at first that I'm pregnant at all, but from the side- WOW!  See for yourselves..



Funnily enough, I feel like whenever I leave the house I need to justify my size to people.  It's  been pretty obvious that I'm pregnant for a couple months now, but up until about 3 weeks ago, people's questions were pretty much "Do you know what you're having?" and "When are you due?". NOW, it's pretty much all comments like "Oh wow, any day now!" or "Wow, not much time left huh?"  I pretty much usually answer with something like, "Actually, no, I'm only ____ weeks".  At this point they get this look of shock and confusion on their faces, so I usually follow it up with "I'm having twins, that's why I'm so huge".  At this point it's like "OOH, ok, now that makes sense!" It actually doesn't bother me at all, I just think it's funny that I have to justify my size to everyone these days!

Anyway, the somewhat bad news from the doctors visit is that my white blood cell count is pretty elevated.  Normal range is between 4 and 11. Mine is 20. At my first trimester screening it was a bit elevated at 15, so it's going up. My doctor is pretty confused as she sees no sign of infection anywhere, so she is referring me to a Perinatologist. I guess I will now see both of them for the rest of the pregnancy. I already see my doctor every two weeks, so I guess I'll be spending lots of time in doctors offices!

3 comments:

  1. You're right - from the front you can't tell at all. I'm glad the comments don't bother you. I've gotten some that make me wonder how people can be so brazen, but I'm enjoying being pregnant all the same. Hope everything is ok with your blood count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! You look adorable! I'm a week ahead of you with twin boys! Congrats on your twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Thanks for stopping my blog. It's crazy our due dates are so close. I love your preggo twin belly - you look great!

    I'm looking forward to following along as your journey continues:)

    ReplyDelete