Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lost my Mojo

Well, it's been a while since my last post.  I guess you could say I've lost my mojo..
Seriously, I just don't want to do ANYTHING! It's pretty frustrating, because the only thing I feel like I have the energy (or motivation) to do is sit on my couch.  I was thinking that I need to go out and buy stuff for my hospital bag, like a nightgown, robe, nursing bras etc. but I'm contemplating just crossing my fingers about sizes and ordering them on amazon because I don't even want to think about going shopping! Unfortunately this isn't a new development. I've felt like this for most of the pregnancy- it's just that initially it was more of a mental thing, while now I also physically feel like I can't.

It's kind of sad because things that I always looked forward to doing once I was pregnant, I have completely lost all motivation to do. Things like belly casts, filling out a pregnancy journal, maternity pictures, and.... are you ready for this one?? A baby shower. Yes, I had my friend cancel my baby shower.  The more I thought about it, the more it was stressing me out, so I just asked her to cancel.  Now, my husband has a huge family in MN so they are throwing me a "Skype" baby shower in a couple weeks- meaning that essentially I don't need to leave my couch, which sounds perfect to me! I even did my registry on amazon, so it's been fun getting packages on my doorstep all the time.  Honestly, most of our "people" are in MN anyway.  We both went to college there, and my hubby is from there. Neither of us have any family here in California (which will be a bit of a bummer when the babies are here!).

I know I'm anemic, which could be the reason for my utter lack of energy, but even though I've been taking iron supplements, and recently doubled my dose, it's not helping.  Or, perhaps I feel like this because I haven't gotten a good nights sleep since... maybe December?  At this point I'm down to about 4 hours of very interrupted sleep per night- as in, waking up every hour to pee, then not being able to go back to sleep. I try to nap in the day, but that doesn't usually work very well either. I feel like I'm a hermit on self induced bed rest- If I stand for more than about 30 seconds I feel like I might pass out, so I'm very literally lying down most of the day.  If my doctor were to tell me tomorrow that I had to be on bed rest, my life would not be much different to the way it is now.

I'm so happy that we were ridiculously early in getting the nursery situation figured out. We've had cribs, and all of the furniture in the room for a couple months now.  All we have left to do is hang the art (which we also already have) on the walls. We received a massive amount of baby clothes early on (I mean enough for sextuplets at least!), and when my mom came to visit a month ago she washed, and helped me sort and put everything away. I'm really hoping that the nesting instinct will set in at some point, and give me motivation and energy to do... something... anything!  But for now... I'll just lay here on the couch.........

3 comments:

  1. As I'm typing this, I'm laying in my bed and its 3pm! I had to lay down bc of ligament pain while I was just cleaning up our room! I totally feel you on the self-induced bedrest! LOL! Had a dr appt yesterday and she perscribed me a stronger iron. Maybe call your dr about that!

    I'm sorry your babyshower was cancelled though. I had mine last weekend, and I think I over did it. But it was worth all the stress leading up :) Hope your skype shower goes well!

    Ps. Where are you in california? I'm in Huntington Beach :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have one baby on the way and can't imagine how exhausted you must be with two! I feel for ya girl, but it will all be worth it in just a short amount of time. I think the skype shower is a great idea! We actually received our first delivered gift today (the crib) and it was fun to see the package on the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((HUGS))))) The Skype shower sounds like the perfect solution - your shower shouldn't stress you out!

    Glad so much worked out for you early on. Your job now is to keep those little ones a-cookin', and you're doing TERRIFIC!

    ReplyDelete