Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a........

On Wednesday we went for our NT scan.  Now, this wasn't so much because we were worried that something was wrong, it was more because I knew that it was a detailed hour long ultrasound, and well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to stare at my babies for an hour.

We were the first appointment of the day, so got in pretty quickly which was awesome since I was told to drink so much water beforehand! We went into the room and were taken by surprise when the lady doing the ultrasound asked us if we wanted to know the gender if she could see it!! Seriously?? At 12 weeks and 2 days???  We both said definitely, and away we went!

It was, as always, pretty impressive how big they had gotten. She pretty much did an inventory of each one- arms, legs, hands, feet, stomach etc. etc.  We got to see the umbilical cords with the blood going in (red) and out (blue) which was pretty amazing.  Suddenly, out of the blue, she says "Well, this one is a little girl!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then she moves on to twin B, same rundown, and then suddenly about 10 minutes later- "This one is a little boy!" Shock, complete shock, a girl and a boy! It was actually pretty funny, because for the rest of the appointment, all my husband could say (and DID say about once every 15 seconds) was "Wow, a girl and a boy!"  We're both SO exited.  It's a little crazy that we know the genders only 2 days out of the first trimester.  It's going to be pretty hard to not start buying stuff! 

Anyway, that's all for now. My dad is here visiting and we've been busy literally every second of every day, I've barely been on here at all! I'll leave you with a few pics- we got like 12, so I'll just post my faves. I also think I'll leave out the ones showing the genitals, probably too early to start embarrassing them!

TWIN A (little girl)

TWIN B (little boy) not sure why I can't get it turned the right way!

HAND

FOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment