Thursday, February 24, 2011

11 wks 2 days

 The past two weeks seems to have flown by, and yesterday we had our 11w2d appointment.  LOVE our new doctor! She spent about an hour with us, just talking with us about everything we might expect with twins, answering our questions, going over lab results etc. etc.  She is seriously the nicest doctor I have ever had. OH, I also had my very first abdominal ultrasound! Bye bye dildo cam! The twins have grown so much, arms and legs flying, and they were literally kicking off the walls and bouncing from one side to the other- crazy!  She told my husband to turn on the video on his phone so he could record it, if we had known we would have bought a real camera!

And here they are... First, baby A with a fist up by the face either waving or saying "No pictures please"!

And, both of them together- Baby B on the left is lying on his back, top of head to camera and LONG legs in the air- love the little feet! Baby A is not in focus.


This is the first decent one of them together, granted A is not in focus, but still!  She says they look great, and are totally separate from each other which is a really good sign. One is higher up in my uterus, and one is further down (although in this pic they look right next to each other)  She says I am a bit anemic already so she wants me to start taking extra iron supplements, also extra calcium. Previously I had only been told to take extra folic acid- 1400mcg. 

Last week I went in to get blood work done, and they seriously took like 7 vials! Today the doctor told me she was scheduling me for even more, to test things like liver and kidney function, as well as a glucose tolerance test- yikes!

Next up, NT scan next week- this makes 5 ultrasounds in 7 weeks! Can't wait to see my babies again! I'll post some belly pics soon- I've been taking them every week in the same place in the same outfit.  Unfortunately you can't see much of a difference between the weeks just yet...

1 comment: