Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1/3 Life Crisis


So.... ever since my husband turned 30 a couple weeks ago, he seems to have grown exceedingly impatient with the whole ttc journey.  He has asked me at least twice this week when we are going to do IVF.  I am actually surprised that he is saying this and not me, as I would have never thought that I would make it this long without saying "Screw baby steps, bring on the IVF!".

I must admit that I'm feeling a little impatient myself, but after learning more about what the IVF process entails physically on my part, I am a little more willing to proceed with baby steps, in hopes that it won't be necessary after all!  I don't think he quite understands what it entails physically for me, as all he has to do is provide some swimmers in a cup!  I mean seriously, I have a hard enough time with the one HCG shot for IUI's! I absolutely cannot imagine giving myself 2-3 shots a day for up to two weeks! Not to mention the whole egg retrieval process. And of course, we can't forget about the price tag! And then, what if after everything, it doesn't work??


In all honesty, after this next month of acupuncture and herbs, I think we will do one more IUI, and if it doesn't work, I'm pretty sure we will end up doing IVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment