Friday, July 23, 2010

The Big 30


Well, it's official, I'm not in my twenties anymore! Yup, I turned the big 30 yesterday.  It's a pretty weird feeling, because 30 has always seemed so far away.  How can I be 30 and still feel like a kid?

Anyway, last month I was trying to be optimistic that I would be granted my biggest wish- to be pregnant by the time I turned 30... Am I pregnant you ask? Well, I don't know! I should be getting my period like NOW if I'm not.


I went to the acupuncturist this week, and he thought that my BBT chart looked like I could be pregnant.  Exiting, yes, but after two years of trying,  I knew better than to get my hopes up.  He told me to take a pregnancy test in about 3 days if I hadn't gotten my period. Today would be day 3. Have I gotten my period? No. Am I taking a test? No. I really can't start off my first day as a 30 year old with ANOTHER lonely pink line. I'll give it another day or two... or maybe even three. In other words, I'll wait until I am definitely late!

It's pretty crazy how much herbs we are consuming- we literally go through a bottle of pills each every 10 days!  We have also been pretty diligent about getting our acupuncture appointments in every week.Two weeks ago he actually attached electrodes to the needles, so it was kind of like getting my ovaries electrocuted for 45 minutes!

Anyway, I'm tentatively keeping my fingers crossed... I'll let you know what happens!


2 comments:

  1. Hello, I liked your '30 today' image so much that I am using it today as I turned 30!
    Please let me know if would not permit for it. I would respect your rights.

    Thanks
    Sree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free, thanks for asking and Happy Birthday!

      Delete