Friday, August 13, 2010

Bittersweet


Since we moved back to Cali in November we have been renting. We moved back a bit earlier than anticipated, and our tenants lease was not up until the end of July.

Last week was very bittersweet- we finally got the keys back, and it was like Christmas when the huge moving truck arrived with all of our belongings that we had not seen in 8 months. I literally mean ALL our belongings! We rented a furnished place downtown, so the only things that we did not have in storage were a couple suitcases worth of clothes and personal effects, and that's it!

It was also pretty sad, because when we left for Georgia, we imagined what it would be like when we moved back in with our child we were so certain that we would have.  I remember very distinctly saying "Goodbye house, next time I see you we will have a new addition, or maybe two!"  Sorry house.

I was thinking today of how many times over the years I freaked out when I did not take my birth control on time, or the time in college when a condom broke (my hubby met in college 9 years ago) and I rushed to Planned Parenthood for the morning after pill.  It is just funny to think how petrified I was that I would get pregnant back then, in comparison to now when I am so petrified that I won't. It is just so ironic that you end up devoting your life to achieving the very thing you tried so hard to avoid for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment