Monday, April 12, 2010

Baseline

SO, remember how I signed off on my last entry? Something like "Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who get pregnant after having an HSG"!! Well, that didn't happen- go figure.  After spending the whole day Friday in denial that my period was on it's way despite the many obvious signs (and therefore refusing to call the doctor to schedule my baseline ultrasound like I was supposed to on the first day of my period) it arrived.  In all honesty, it really arrived around midnight, so it was more like Saturday anyway!

So this morning (Monday), I called the doc. to schedule the ultrasound, only to have the nurse call me back telling me that I had to come in today, and if not, by Wednesday, as I had to start Clomid on the 5th day of my cycle. Fast forward two and a half hours, and I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting for my name to be called!

So once again, there I lay staring at a totally blank sonogram screen.  Funny how you always imagine that when you are in this situation, you would be seeing something other than an empty black hole. Oh well, hopefully sometime soon! Needless to say, it was REALLY empty this time! Last time I could see all my follicles, this time, because it was so early in my cycle there was just... well... nothing at all to see! I could almost hear and echo!

So the doctor then proceeds to ask me if we are doing the IUI (intrauterine insemination).  I told him that I thought we had said that we would just try Clomid and timed intercourse.  He suggested that we should go for the IUI, which is actually what I was hoping for.  I just figure that whatever would increase the odds, I would be game for.  So here is the plan...
  • On Wednesday, I start taking the Clomid, once a day for 5 days.
  • Then on Tuesday next week, I come in for an ultrasound to see what effect the drugs have had. BUT here is what I had NO idea about- My hubby has to come with me, to learn how to give me a shot in the butt!! What??? I had no idea that this required a shot! I guess that when he sees how the follicles are doing, and when he determines that they are ready, I will get a shot to force ovulation, and then come back in about a day and a half later for insemination. 
  • My husband then gives another "sample", the doctor examines it, washes it, and then it gets put directly into the uterus, and VOILA!!
So I guess I have two days before I am officially on hormones- crazy thought. I am actually pretty exited to finally be getting the show on the road. Lets just hope the show does not last too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment