Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Back to the Future

So I unearthed a blog that I started almost a year ago, when I was blissfully unaware about the fact that my quest to get "knocked up" was going to prove much more difficult than I had ever anticipated! I was clearly under the illusion that I would get pregnant the second we started trying, which was clearly not the case- seeing as the blog was from 2008, and it is now 2010!

It is kind of strange to read it actually, because I can remember so clearly the day I wrote it- I had just gone onto amazon.com, and bought at least 5 books about pregnancy, and was eagerly anticipating being able to pee on a stick in a couple weeks and discover that I was, indeed pregnant!

My biggest thing at the time (ironically enough) was the whole "natural thing", natural pregnancy, natural childbirth, natural everything! Now it seems that this adventure is going to be anything BUT natural in oh so many ways!

Anyway, before I tell you where we currently stand- here is my one and only blog from that blissfully ignorant day in 2008 (I can't get into my old blog as the owner, so I had to make a new one and copy and paste)...


JULY 2008- The Adventure Begins!

Well, I'm a bit paranoid, I've been doing therapy with children who have autism (which as you may know now affects about 1 in 160 children) for about five years, and as a result of a move accross the country due to my husbands job (which also put us closer to family), I had to quit my job. We have suddenly found ourselves at that "Hey! this would be a great time to have a baby" point in our lives- let the adventure begin!

Back to my original statement "I'm a bit paranoid". Because of my job, and the ever rising number of cases of autism and other developmental disorders in children today, it makes me nervous about having a baby- yes, I already told you I was paranoid.

Anyway, we have just started trying to get pregnant, and I'm determined to be as healthy as possible as I prepare for this. I am naturally a health nut, but I'll be putting extra effort into eating organic, not eating a lot of processed foods and sugar etc. I'm making sure to take folic acid and other supplements... etc. etc. etc.

Assuming all goes well with the whole getting pregnant thing (I'll keep you updated) I plan on being as natural as possible with everything, including childbirth (yes I know everyone says that) breastfeeding etc. I'm also on the fence with the whole vaccines thing, considering that the massive increase in the number of vaccinations babies have been getting in the past 10 years coincides with the huge increase in autism cases. Also the huge percentage of parents who say that their babies went from being "normal" to showing symptoms within hours of receiving their shots at 18 months.

Despite my paranoia, I am very exited about my "natural baby" journey. I'll be doing my research into all things good for mom and baby- in preparation, during and after birth. I'll keep you posted as things progress, and on any interesting information and findings I come across. I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment