Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In A Nutshell

So, in a nutshell, here is what has happened in the past two years....
Our move across the country for my hubby's job was quite uneventful in the baby department.

There we were, renting this huge 4 bedroom house in anticipation of filling it with kids before moving back to the west coast, wondering each month what we were doing wrong, as my monthly visitor showed up cheerfully every month, and wondered why I was no longer happy to see her!

After six months I resentfully got a job- I had been holding off in my determination to get pregnant, as I my plan was to be stay at home mom until moving back to California- they could be old enough to go to preschool, and I would go back to work! Perfect huh? Yeah, we thought so too...

After a year and a bit, I sent my husband off to the doctor, as we had determined that there must be a problem, and I was determined that it wasn't me! Well turns out I was right, my hubby's "boys" had abnormal heads- ALL of them! Everything else was normal, so pretty much, there were lots of them, they could swim, but once the got to the egg, they could not get in. So essentially the doctor told him that ICSI would be the only real option (it's like IVF, but they go the extra step, and actually inject the sperm into the egg). Of course it's more expensive than IVF too!

So, long story short, a few months later, his company offered to bring him back to Cali early for another job, and we jumped at the chance. Sadly, we said goodbye to our big beautiful house that we never got to fill with kids....

No comments:

Post a Comment