Monday, February 27, 2012

Got Milk?

Help! My babies are on strike!! A milk strike that is!! Apparently all the homemade baby food that I have been making them....

Mmm... sweet potatoes ready for the freezer!

...is just so delicious that they don't want to drink their milk anymore....  I mean, they drink a bottle in the morning when they wake up, and before they go to bed at night, but during the day they will only drink an ounce or two here and there. I'll even try and give them milk before they have a meal when they're nice and hungry, but they still just drink an ounce or two and push it away.  Now I know up until a year old milk is supposed to be their main source of nutrition, and I know as they get older it's probably natural for them to have less interest in it, but I think this is pretty soon- I mean, we just started solids a few weeks ago! I'm still pumping every 3-4 hours, but having to put most of it in the freezer.  I already have about 200oz frozen just from the past week and a half! I mean, is this normal???????

Anyway, here is what we were up to this weekend...

Apparently playing in a box is a great distraction from teething pain

And taking a stroll in the lovely weather! You probably can't tell, but Mia has a tooth now too!

And just hangin' out!

They are just growing up so darn fast!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, they are just adorable!! Sorry, I've got no advice on solids versus breastmilk, we're not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had issues of Chloe not wanting formula now that we've started solids, I think she would eat all day long if we let her. Maybe try putting breastmilk in a sippy cup? Maybe that will interest them. That first picture is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the opposite problem w/my boys.... all they want is milk. We have tried a few different kinds of vegetables and rice cereal and I always get the same response....YUCK! I always wanted to hold off on the fruit until they were eating vegetables- but I am thinking I might cave in and try some sooner, in hopes of a better response.
    I love all the pictures- they make me smile- they are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! They have gotten so big! Neither of mine have any teeth yet! I actually just started having the same problem with Maximus! He is not wanting to drink his milk! You're lucky you hav a nice freezer stash! Keep up the good work mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am a new follower from PAIL! My little lady was born in Sept, so it will be fun to see what I am in for!!!!
    Your little ones are adorable!!!!!!
    Good luck with the milk!

    ReplyDelete