Monday, February 7, 2011

9 Weeks

Finally! Our nine week ultrasound. 75 degrees and sunny, and Hubs decided to work from home so that he wouldn't be rushing to and from work all day.

I have to admit, it was slightly surreal sitting in the "normal" OB's office, surrounded by pregnant couples and kids. A stark difference from the quiet and sullen mood of the infertility clinic surrounded by other infertile and childless couples.  The OB office seems like such a strange world to me, I feel like I have abandoned my home at the infertility clinic, and the other couples that I had a kinship with, for a world of pregnant people where I still feel like I don't quite fit in.


 We met with a NP who told us that for the rest of the pregnancy we would be seen by a doctor, as NP's don't deal with twins.  We did the ultrasound, and my, how they have grown!  I have to admit, the ultrasound machine was pretty crappy, and the pictures are terrible. There is only one decent one of Twin A (of course), and even that is pretty much just an outline.  I sent it to my mom and she said  "Wow, that's a really bad picture".  Oh well.

All in all the appointment went pretty well, UNTIL, my husband asked her something about her opinion on waiting till after the first trimester to tell people (he's having a hard time not telling the world), and the nurse replied that she would wait. Then she said that most miscarriages happen between week 9 and 12.  I mean seriously, that is NOT something you want to be telling someone like me!  Just as I was starting to feel confident in this pregnancy at nine weeks!

We scheduled a nuchal screening for next week- primarily because it lets me get another ultrasound in- a high tech one at that, and I'll gladly take any chance to see my babies that I can get!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get good pics of your babies and DUDE, WHO SAYS THAT???

    Yikes.

    Well, at least you get to see a doctor from here on out. :)

    ReplyDelete