Monday, January 17, 2011

Could you repeat that?

So up until this point, I have had no nausea whatsoever. However this morning, as we sat in the doctors office waiting for almost an hour to be seen (guess there was some issue with rebooting the ultrasound machine), I seriously thought I might throw up all over the waiting room because I was so nervous.  All those negative thoughts that I had tried so hard to push out of my head started flooding back- what if there is nothing there? what if there is no heartbeat?

Anyway, FINALLY it was our turn. We went in, got situated, the doc came in and finally the moment of truth... He started up the ultrasound, and the first thing he said was "Well, the pregnancies are in the right spot..." at which point my husband interrupted him and said "Excuse me? Did you just say pregnancIES?"  The doctor chuckled and said "You caught that did you? Yup, looks like there are two!" He then proceeded to measure each, and sure enough, there was a tiny flutter of a heartbeat in each one!

Holy crap!!!! TWINS!!! I don't even know what I was feeling, I was just in complete shock. Shock that there was actually something in there after all, and shock that there were TWO somethings in there!  As we walked out of the exam room, all the nurses congratulated us, and as we walked into the waiting room, a lady who was waiting to be seen got up and hugged us both and congratulated us.

We have another appointment next week Monday, and the doctor said he would give us some good pictures then, because at only 6 weeks and 1 day you really could barely make out anything at all. As I walked out with our fun little pregnancy packet, it finally hit me - We're pregnant! With TWINS!!!  Someone pinch me!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!! Congrats, momma!!

    Okay, and just to warn you, over the weekend I hit 8 weeks and the morning sickness hit FULL FORCE. So you may get that wish yet. ;) LOL (Though I'll say a prayer that it stays away!)

    ReplyDelete