Monday, June 21, 2010

He's th.. thi... thirty!!

Well, we didn't celebrate fathers day this weekend, but we did celebrate my husband's birthday. He was actually born on Father's Day, although this year his birthday fell on a Saturday.

It's kind of funny, ever since we got married six years ago, people have been asking us when we were going to have kids. I never knew for sure, but figured that it would definitely be by the time I turned 30. It's also pretty funny to think about how far away thirty seemed back then. Even when we started trying two years ago, it seemed certain that we would have at least one kid by now. 

For my husband, I guess the dream of having a kid by the time he turned thirty is over. For me, well, I still have one more month to go. My birthday is in exactly thirty two days. At this point it looks pretty doubtful that I'll be pregnant by then, but I can still dream... for 32 more days.

I never really thought about my life after thirty. Well, I imagined what my life would be like, but when it came to putting a deadline or date to certain things, it was always- I'd like to do x y & z by the time I'm thirty, or I'm sure that x y & z will have happened by the time I'm thirty. Now all of a sudden, thirty isn't some number in the distant future, it's only 32 days away!

As far as everything to do with getting pregnant goes, we are still on the holistic journey this month. Taking our herbs, and getting acupuncture every week. Tomorrow will be my fourth, and Friday will be my husbands third. He is pretty proud of the fact that he can now swallow six pills at once! Since he takes about 20 pills a day between vitamins and herbs, I convinced him that taking them one at a time was going to consume his life! It only took him about 3 days to make his way up to six- guess I'm a pretty good teacher ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment