Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Going the Holistic Route

This month is dedicated to all things natural!  I went to the doctor for my baseline ultrasound on Monday to get our third IUI underway, only to hear that I still had a very large cyst (follicle) from last month.  Now I know why they do baseline ultrasounds- to make sure that you DON"T have one of these! She said that it should go down soon, but that we can't do anything IUI wise this month. As I walked out, she told me "Have a nice June, give us a call next month!"

I went to the acupuncturist on Tuesday for my second appointment and heard that my husbands tie breaking semen analysis was in! In a nutshell, it was not as bad as the first (which gave him 0% normal morphology) and not as good as the second one (which gave him 14% or greater normal morphology). It was actually closer to the first one, giving him 5% normal morphology, which is still pretty bad (normal is >14%).  I guess it's kind of like getting a D in school- you didn't fail, but you still did pretty badly!

I feel a lot better now that we have a third opinion.  The acupuncturist said that he has had a lot of success improving morphology- even doubling it! So, to make a long story short, we will both be doing acupuncture for fertililty!  I figure that it can only help, even if we end up resorting to IVF, at least the sperm, eggs, and my uterus will be in better condition!!  I left with a bottle of pills (herbs) for each of us. Four pills three times a day for me on days 4-14 of my cycle, and six pills two times a day for my hubby (to make it easier for him to remember)!

I'm feeling very optimistic and exited about embarking on this holistic journey!  I really believe that it is going to make a difference. I'm also pretty exited about having a month free of doctors appointments and Clomid!

No comments:

Post a Comment