Friday, March 23, 2012

Bye Bye Nap Time!

The twins have been pros at sitting up for almost a month now, but the thing that they have been having a hard time with was actually GETTING into the sitting up position from lying down or crawling position... Well, they've been working pretty hard at it this week, and Mia finally seems to be getting the hang of it in the past day or so.  BUT this morning as I watched the monitor as I put them down for a nap, I saw something new- she did it in her crib!!! I grabbed the camera to catch it on film- notice how exited she is!  Of course I didn't realize the implications on the whole napping situation...Lets just say only Ben took his early morning nap today!  I'm curious to see how long it takes her to go to sleep now...


Also, we are apparently going to need to relocate our video monitor! I have the cribs set up end to end with the camera attached between them as it can pan between the two cribs so that we only need one.  I THOUGHT I had it attached securely.... Mia was quite thrilled to finally get her hands on that little green light she's been curious about for months!   She has also pulled herself to standing a few times this week, so I'm sure this will be her next crib trick and the mattress will be getting lowered again!

3 comments:

  1. She looks SO proud of herself and happy to be sitting up in her crib! Isn't it funny how much bigger they look sitting up in their crib than just sitting on the floor? Ok question for you, what kind of video monitor do you have? I really wish we had one with a camera that pans for this very reason. Chloe is scooting on her back now out of view and I don't like that. And you also made me realize we are probably going to need to move our camera soon too once Chloe figures out how to reach it b/c she is obsessed with the green light on it as well! Such little stinkers! They sure are curious aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have this one
      http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Touch-Digital-Monitor/dp/B004B762AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332523636&sr=8-1.

      The thing is AMAZING!!! The pan and zoom are SO SO SO useful!

      Delete
  2. Wow- what a big girl! Her joy at this accomplishment is so cute! She is so proud of herself. Way to go Mia :)

    ReplyDelete