Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two Months!



Two months old!! Well actually, they're about 9 and a half weeks now, I'm a bit late posting this!  I've actually been working on a lengthier post, but, well, can't seem to find the time to finish it!

I guess the main thing that has changed is BFing.  I am now exclusively pumping and bottle feeding. Crazy, yes.  I am pretty bummed because initially I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones, and for a while I was- no need to supplement, great latches straight off the bat, tandem nursing no problem, and then.... turns out I have too MUCH milk, and way too fast of a letdown.  Essentially the babies were drowning in milk whenever I fed them- chugging, gulping, choking and gagging.  Of course this only made the reflux issue worse, not to mention an already bad gas problem!  I tried different positions etc. etc.  and nothing helped.  My only other option was pumping before I fed them.... right, well, since they aren't on strict feeding schedules,  I can't imagine waiting until they were hungry to pull the pump out and pump first!  So, bottles it is... for now!  Hopefully in another month or so they will be able to keep up and I can stop pumping!

Anyway, my favorite thing right now is baby smiles!! Mia especially is quite the ham! Ben likes to make you work for them.  I was taking some two month pics last week, and well, I had a hard time picking my favorite smiles!  Sorry for the overload!

Serious Girl
 
My buddy the Giraffe
 He's a funny guy
 Really funny
 OK, Hilarious!!!
Yes, I'm cute


So am I!





Like I said, sorry for the picture overload, couldn't help it!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2 months Mia and Ben! Absolutely love the pics and all the smiles. It melts your heart every time you get a smile, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! Love all the smiles and laughs!!! I have a serious little guy (so far) and am dying for a happier face. LOL

    They are adorable - way to go, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness they are so cute! Wow too much milk! I am just a little jealous:) hopefully you will not be pumping too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look adorable! Love the onsies! Sorry BFing didn't work out! But at least their still getting your milk! I know pumping is exhausting however! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete